Join us at Collective as we invite families to explore our new home through outdoor adventure play. Throughout the long weekend you'll have the opportunity to look, play, and make together as a family, surrounded by panoramic views of the city.
Each day will feature artist-led activities, child-led play and creative approaches to exploring Collective’s exhibitions and heritage site.
- Take part in hands-on workshops led by artists
- Pick up a family trail to explore Collective’s grounds and the surrounding park
- Borrow a free Explorer Backpack, containing tools such as binoculars, magnifying glasses and more to aid your discovery
- Play our Cosmic Alien Instructions card game to invent new ways of seeing, sensing, and thinking about our planet. Co-authored by Naomi Garriock and pupils from Leith Walk and Abbeyhill Primary Schools.
- Visit Helen McCrorie’s, If play is neither inside nor outside, where is it?, an exhibition exploring play and experiential learning
Sat 14 Sep, 11am-4pm
Make your own wooden puppet or mask with artist Naomi Garriock and perform in our pop-up timber theatre, or experiment with creating wooden structures big and small around Collective.
Sun 15 Sep, 11am-4pm
Have a go at block printing your own design on fabric and collaborate to make a giant textile artwork with artist Zephyr Liddell, then try your hand at costume making and den building with woven materials across the site.
Mon 16 Sep, 11am-4pm
Get messy with clay-based play around the site, and try your hand at colourful clay paint-bombing with participatory artist Hannah Ayre.
We’ll be playing outside come rain or shine – come dressed for the weather! Our Kiosk will be open for hot food, snacks and refreshments.
No need to book, just drop by on the day. Collective Play is suitable for ages 12 and under.
If you have any questions about Collective Play please email us: [email protected]