Closed to Applications
Applications for Satellites Programme 2022 are now closed.
Each year we invite emerging creative practitioners at a pivotal point in their practice to submit a proposal for our Satellites Programme.
Four creative practitioners based in Scotland will be selected to form a cohort for the 2022 edition of Satellites. The selected participants will engage critically with each other, engendering an environment of mutual support. Each practitioner will be provided with the resources and support to develop and produce one new work.
Four selected practitioners will each receive:
- £3000 artist fee
- £2000 research and production budget
- Support to produce a new work
- Participation in four facilitated group critical discussion sessions, two group retreats, plus studio visits and production meetings with the Collective programme team
- A dedicated critical response, produced to accompany the new work (this could be a text, talk, workshop, podcast etc.)
- Professional documentation of new work
- Events and workshops with the other Satellites participants
- In addition to the fee and production costs, Collective provide marketing, travel and access support
Applications were welcome from across the spectrum of contemporary art and creative practice including but not limited to: studio based, material (paint, sculpture, print, etc), photography, moving image, research, collaboration, curating, social engagement, activism, performance, writing, critical enquiry.
This year the selection panel for Satellites consists of artist Rabiya Choudhry, curator Sara Greavu, and writer and artist Jeda Pearl.